These Terms of Service are relevant to NON COMMERCIAL projects only and are subject to revision, editing, and additions without notice. For more information on Private Commissions, please see my Commission Information Page. Please also see the FAQs for questions regarding licensing, permissions etc… If you are looking for Commercial, Promotional and Marketing Commissions, please use the Contact Page to contact me directly with your request.
Terms of Service (Last Modified: 23/04/2014)
1) Displayed base prices are subject to change according to the complexity, difficulty, size and medium of each individual piece. TOS are also subject to change and it is the client's responsibility to read and understand these terms before entering in a contract with the artist. TOS changes affect only future commissions. Current/in-the-works commissions taken under the previous TOS agreement follow the previous TOS guidelines. This is to protect the client from any misunderstandings.
2) Clear and concise visual references and/or description of a commission idea must be provided by the Client. After which a preliminary quote will be provided by the Artist.
3) In the case of fan art: descriptions of costumes, incarnations, hairstyles etc of popular characters (I.e. Rogue in 90's cartoon series costume, Wolverine from the films, etc...) must be given by the client upon request of a character description. If this is not provided, it is left to the artist's discretion which style of the character she chooses to depict.
4) In the case of commissions taken via e-mail rather than through Etsy/Storenvy, payments £25 and under must be made up front in full before preliminary work begins. If the final commission comes to over £100, then this initial payment may be 50% of the final price. After this, payment plans are available for commissions above £100 in £25 increments (or until the remaining amount is reached).
5) If the artwork is finished before final payments are made, the Client will not receive the original painting/drawing or un-watermarked digital image of the commission until final payments are made. If the time-frame between completion of artwork and final payment exceeds 6 months from the date of third (3rd) reminder email, artist has the right to resell the commission to the highest bidder to recuperate the loss in income.
6) The Artist will revise the art up to three times at the sketch stage. After this, there will be a £10 charge per revision. Once the initial sketch has been 'okay'-ed, it is considered final and payment is required in full (on commissions up to £100) or 50% of the final price (if the final price is over £100, see above).
7) If the Client wishes to cancel their commission during the sketch stage they will be refunded 50% of what they paid.
8) If the Client wishes to cancel their commission during or after the coloring stage they will not be issued a refund.
9) The Artist will not discuss a commission with a client via public forum, instant messenger, or private note. Communications about commissions between Client and Artist will be made only through firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure all information and communications are consolidated in one location.
10) The Artist reserves the right to issue a refund and cancel a commission due to poor communication, rude and/or inappropriate behavior.
11) The Artist ensures the Client will receive email updates on commission when necessary. Clients are encouraged to check in when they feel it's necessary for updates, assurance or reminders.
12) The Artist will not handle depiction of sexually explicit (x-rated) materials and hateful images. Non-explicit fetish, artistic nudity, violence, gore, and humorously offensive work will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Female and male artistic nudity is accepted (no explicit genital shots). The Artist reserves the right to reject any commission for any reason, and may work on commissions in no specific order if desired.
13) The Artist retains the right to display all commissioned work on any personal website, gallery, or journal. If the commissioned work is a time-sensitive gift the Artist may delay public showcase at the request of the Client.
14) Time sensitive gifts must be specified during the commissioning stage so that the Artist may schedule their time accordingly. If a time is not specified for time sensitive commission, the Artist is not responsible for not meeting the undisclosed deadline.
15) The Artist retains ALL the rights to the commissioned artwork, including the right to make prints and merchandise. Image rights can be negotiated for an added fee.
16) The Client retains all rights to their respective characters. This does not allow them rights to the commissioned image (see articles 13 and 15).
17) The Client may not make and sell prints of the artwork, or profit from the artwork beyond the resale of a physical original painting or drawing (traditional media, not digital). The Client may resize or crop the artwork to create icons, wallpapers, or other graphics to be used in non-commercial digital format, but the Client cannot alter the artwork itself. The Client may also upload the artwork to their personal website or gallery, but credit is required in the form of a link back to the artist's gallery.
18) The Artist may recycle sketches and preparatory works that were rejected by the Commissioner for other commissions or personal works.
19) The Client must read, understand and agree to all the above terms before entering into an agreement with the Artist. By sending payment, the Client agrees to the above terms.